- Ohana for Digital Product Design
2020 Government UX Summit – Day 1, UX Methods – 2nd Session
- You’re Killing Your Users
2017–2020, multiple venues
Some think this is catastrophizing, but statistics tell a different story
- Design for Performance and Accessibility
2016–2017, multiple venues, very lo-fi
- Create Professional-looking Buttons with CSS3
February 9, 2011, for Boston PHP, they asked me to present on the new (at the time) technology
I led a roundtable discussion on artificial intelligence and machine learning for 2017 UXPA Boston, and collected resources for participants I also paired with Four Hewes to mentor designers in a career workshop.
What Is The Difference Between Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning?, [Forbes.com article]
- Artificial Intelligence is the broader concept of machines being able to carry out tasks in a way that we would consider “smart”.
- Machine Learning is a current application of AI based around the idea that we should really just be able to give machines access to data and let them learn for themselves.
- AI is explicitly programmed. ML learns.
- “Artificial intelligence is anything that computers can’t yet do.”
- Artificial Intelligences – devices designed to act intelligently
- CreativeAI.net a space to share CreativeAI projects
- O’Reilly AI Topics
- Artificial emotional intelligence is near [article]
- Artificial Intelligence, the History and Future – with Chris Bishop [YouTube]
- Berkman-Klein Center 2017-May-15 AI Advance so much valuable info here!
Machine Learning: Field of study that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. Arthur Samuel 
- (Often referred to as a subset of AI, it’s really more accurate to think of it as the current state-of-the-art.)
- Well-posed learning problem: a computer program is said to “learn” from experience E with respect to some task T and some performance measure P, if its performance on T, as measured by P, improves with experience E. Tom Mitchell 
- Coursera Machine Learning Course
- arXiv.org Machine Learning Research Submissions
- news.startup.ml[Machine Learning News Feed]
- Machine Learning for Designers[O’Reilly book]
- royalsociety.org, Machine Learning The project on machine learning aims to stimulate a debate, to increase awareness and demonstrate the potential of machine learning and highlight the opportunities and challenges it presents.
- Computer understanding of images/videos. @LukeW, Source: Google I/O 2017
- Why are these fields expanding now? Big Data. Advances in computing led to gathering vast amounts of data. AI and ML leverage access to that data to either automate or analyze.
- Examples of Chatbots